On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 09:35:29 -0400
"Alexandre Leclerc" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I remember a feature in D6 in the UnitEditor: a vertical code browser
> for fast-searching in source code. This was a very nice gadget.

Do you mean the View -> Code Explorer?

> 1. Any-one work[ed,ing] on this?

No.

> 2. Can I use VirtualTreeView as a new component/source dependency to
> implement such a feature? (It has everything required to build such a
> tool.) If no, what should be used?

Yes. But then it will be an external plugin.

> 3. I was planning to develop this in another form, then dock that form
> in the UnitEditor if desired. I know this mechanism is not working
> well right now, but some patches are working... Should this avenue be
> kept?

Yes. I'm currently fixing bugs, but Docking is definitely one of my next
goals.

> 4. I'm sure there are already functions and tools to get information
> about a source file's structure (interface, implementation,
> initialization, finalization) but where is it?

codetools

> 5. I'm sure there are already functions and tools to get all the type
> / classes / procedures / functions in the interface section of a
> source file... but where is it? (I assume that because of
> code-completion Ctrl+c that works well.)

See the code explorer for an example.

> 6. I'm sure there are already functions and tools to get all the types
> / var / procedures / functions present in the implementation part of a
> source file... but where can I find these?

See the code explorer for an example.

> 7. Any function to detect {$i include.inc} in a source file?

All codetools support include files.

> (I
> personally hate these, but I know someone talked about code-folding
> such include files: that would be awesome,

Yes, but it would require a lot of changes to synedit.

> especially if a search in a
> document would extend into the .inc files too...

Use Search -> 'Find in files'.
Otherwise: Extend Find/Replace to use functions of 'Find in files'.

> this is another
> feature I want to work on, because searching is a pain...

Ehm, what and how do you search?

> and also
> working on another feature: there is 'find declaration' but 'find
> implementation' is missing...)

Do you mean Ctrl+Shift+Up ?

Mattias