Hi,

I checked the legislation in Belgium for the creation of a non-profit
organization.

Basically, you need:

1. 3 people who form the organization.

2. Their names and signatures, plus a charter of the organization,
   which must be deposited in a court of law. The 3 persons need
   not be present, they must not have the Belgian identity.

   What needs to be stipulated in the charter is described in detail
   (in human-readable language) in freely downloadable documents
   of the Belgian government; I've read one, it's not so diffucult.

3. It must be published in the Belgian 'Staatsblad' - the official
   communications of the government.

Steps 2 and 3 together should cost at most 137 EUR (in 2006, that is...).

4. A list of active members must be deposited in a court of law.
   This is free of charge.

That's it. No lawyer is required for all this.

After that, each year a balance must be presented, this
is also free of charge.

Michael.