Marc Santhoff schreef:
Am Dienstag, den 21.08.2007, 00:35 +0200 schrieb Vincent Snijders:
Marc Santhoff schreef:
Am Sonntag, den 19.08.2007, 21:05 +0200 schrieb Mattias Gaertner:

I started a wiki page about this topic:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Install_IDE_packages_without_the_IDE
I see, so it's necessary to make packages out of the components.

Yes, you cannot install components in the IDE (in the component palette) without creating a package for them.

I didn't need this feature since back in days of Delphi2 ... anything
instantiated at runtime up to now.

If you don't need to components in the IDE (and don't have them in forms, lfm & lrs), then you don't need to install them in de IDE. But you should make packages for them, so the compiler and source paths get known to the IDE.

BTW: did you read the wiki article about Lazarus Packages?
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Packages

Vincent

Vincent

Vincent