Hi Graeme,

> OK, so here is my wish list which should make it useful for me.
>
> * Search the current open projects source, including .inc files
>    for ToDo, TODO, #todo tags. It must support multiple tag formats
>    and maybe have a developer pick their preferred format (see later why)

Works in my patch with #todo and TODO. Adding ToDo is trivial, but
then maybe it should be "todo" in any case combination?.
My patch also supports #done and DONE

> * Support a category tag. Can't remember how Delphi specified this.
>    It was something like the following:
>         { TODO:  Fix year-end calculation.  -c Accounting }

It was -cAccounting. Done in my patch.
I also added Delphi's -oOwner tag

> * Support a priority tag (1-9): eg:   { #todo This must be fixed urgently.
> -1 }

Done.

> * Show them in a list.

Already works

> * List must be sortable by: Unit name, Description, Category and Priority

This would be great. It's quite doable, but I don't have a clue about
how to paint the sort arrows in the column headers in a way that works
on any platform.
The list could have a filtering option, also.

> * Double clicking a item must close the Todo list window and take you to
>    the location in the source unit.

Works.

> * ToDo items must be editable from the todo list screen. A simple little
>    edit dialog for entering a optional category, optional priority and
>    description

Would be nice, also to switch from Todo to Done. This is a little bit
more tricky. I guess I'd have to load the source in an editor and
change the Todo item?

> * A nice to have (though not urgent and not even sure if needed) would
>    be to have some editor keyboard shortcut to bring up a todo list edit
>    item dialog.  So while you are coding and want to insert a item
>    press the shortcut; fill in the details and press enter to close. The
>    source code would then have the item inserted in the correct format,
>    using the developers preferred todo tag format.

Amen. The only trick with Enter is that when the memo has focus, it
naturally eats Enter keys, but I agree that there should be a quick
way to validate the entry (Very annoying under D7, you have to grab
your mouse or tab until you get to the ok button).

I would add:
- Printing (If this is available from the IDE) or at least exporting
the list to text or HTML.

Regards,

Gerard.