On Tue, 6 Nov 2007 21:25:48 +0100
"Gerard N/A" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > 1. Can you create a patch? See
> > http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Creating_A_Patch
> >
> Sure.
>
> > 2. Don't use implementation uses sections in the IDE.
> >
> Ok.
>
> > 3. Don't load source files from disk. Always use
> >
> > CodeToolBoss.LoadFile(CleanAndExpandFilename(Filename),true,false).
> >
> Ok, I'll correct this. (I didn't touch this).
>
> > 4. Why only for the project directory?
>
> Sheer ignorance of any alternative method.
>
> > 5. Why not use the existing functions to get all units and
> > include files of projects/packages?
>
> See above.
> Do you mean to parse all the units used by a project including the
> LCL?
>
> > 6. Why not use the existing comment parsing code? It is faster and
> > not limited to single line comments.
>
> Any hint on how to do this?

Sure. But I need to know, what you want to achieve.

> More in general, can you point me to a some high level description of
> the IDE structure and services?

There are wiki pages, examples and some toolbox articles.
There is no guide for the IDE source code for various reasons.

> > Maybe you can describe, what todos the ToDo dialog should maintain?
> >
> Any Todo displayed by the list? I'm sorry but I think I don't
> understand the question.
> BTW, I'm not the original author of the Todo list/Add Todo Item
> dialog, I just added some functionality, so it's hard for me to answer
> questions about the design of these.

That makes two of us.
So forget for a moment the existing implementation and write what a good
ToDo List dialog should do.

Mattias