Giuliano Colla wrote:
> However making Lazarus LCL thread safe can be a lot of work, but would
> be an enormous bonus which would enable to use it in all fields where a
> real efficient thread support is needed and currently you have no RAD
> tools.

Multi-thread safe LCL would also mean locking, and that means slowdown
also when you don't need it. 'real efficient' is therefore a *very*
*Very* simplistic view of the situation.

Besides, the GUI thread is meant to be mostly idle; so that it can
respond to user's action quickly. You have to synchronize your
background tasks anyway if you run them, and want to stop them; so
multi-thread safety doesn't gain much on this point.

My personal opinion it's only nice for QuickSort vs. Bubble Sort demoes.

Micha