From: Marco van de Voort <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: 30 December 2007 13:15
To: lazarus@miraclec.com
Subject: Re: [lazarus] Making GTK Thread Safe

On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 04:35:24PM +0300, Al Boldi wrote:
> Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> > >
> > > No, use a news client, Mozilla Thunderbird for win32/Linux or
> > > KNode for Linux for example. You will probably like the conversation
> > > by NNTP, much more convenient than mailing lists or web forums IMHO.
> >
> > I can't agree more.  NNTP is a lot more convenient and preferred by
> > me, that mailing list.
>
> The problem is that sometimes NNTP ports are blocked.

A possible solution to that is spending a few bucks an year for a shell
acocunt with NNTP access. (only requirement is that it is pwd based, not key
based)

Then use a web SSH client to connect to it if a normal ssh is not
available. (the web ssh is the reason for the keyless account).

I do this for years now. Other advantage is that you always have access to
your own lastread pointers,  and have to memorize/carry very little.