Mike Noyes wrote:

> David Douthitt, 2001-03-30 07:26 -0600
> >The CDROM I have has (in part) the following breakdown:
> >
> >src --+-- base ...like busybox, ctar, tftp, ...
> >       +-- pkgs --+-- net
> >                  +-- sys
> >                  +-- ...et al...
>
> David,
> Are all the files in this src directory text, or are there binary files too?

The src directory is basically a snapshot of my build directories; so
all have *.o files, as well as *diff files and so on.  In some cases
there are multiple versions, but I tried to clean them out.

My idea was a) a clean, sorted resource for source files and archives;
b) an archive that could be used this way:

# cp -R /mnt/cdrom/src ./src

...and then you snake in and do your "make" and so on.

The basic structure of a typical source directory is thus:

<pkgname> --+-- <pkg.source.dir> -- source files, directories, etc.

            +-- tar.gz file(s)

            +-- occasional diff

            +-- occasional note as to why it won't compile