On Sat, 21 Apr 2001, George Metz wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Apr 2001, Mike Noyes wrote:
>
> > Jack Coates, 2001-04-21 16:08 -0700
> > >I just hunted through my module archives and I've never built it as a
> > >module...
> > >
> > >I also did a google search, but the only ones I turned up in reasonable
> > >timeframe were compiled for NetBSD. Those are 51K (!).
> >
> > Jack,
> > That's huge. How big is minix? We can subtract the minix size from the ext2
> > total. Is that correct, or am I out in left field still?
>
> Not sure what you mean. If you mean from kernel size for the total size
> change, then yes.
[...]
> Of necessity, I compile DOS FAT and Minix into the kernel so as to avoid
> any messy situations.

I think the concept is to raise the bar by putting vfat into the
kernel. If vfat doesn't depend on the msdos code, then omit msdos
to reduce size and risk of manipulating vfat filenames as msdos
filenames (which can strand LFN data in the FAT).

DCN:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        Basics: ##.#.       ##.#.  Live Go...
Work:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>              Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing