On Sun, 2005-08-21 at 21:34 +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hello Mike,

Hi Mike, EricS, ...

> But the whole initramfs is only supported with kernel 2.6, moving to this
> kernel is not only (optional) moving to initramfs but changing a lot in
> other packages, recompiling, change scripts, sysfs, etc.

I i remember it correctly, we also have to move to a newer uclibc
version, which should be done - before - switching to 2.6...

> I really don't see a real need now to move to kernel 2.6 and open a can of
> worms. Ofcourse we will move sometime and in the meantime we will look
> into all needed changes.

Well, if the netfilter people would have finished their exchange of
connection tracking information between 2 machine (netfilter-ha), i
would say, yes there is a real benefit, but they haven't ;-)

> Eric

--arne

--
Arne Bernin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>