On Tue, 25 Apr 2006, Martin Hejl wrote:

Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 12:31:09 +0200
From: Martin Hejl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: leaf-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [leaf-devel] Hosts.deny & hosts.allow

Hi Larry and Jorn,

please post plain text messages only - text + HTML can be rejected by
the list-server/list-admin.

If I am originating the HTML I am sorry. Please let me know as I have looked and do not see HTML and also do not see howto configue pine to send HTML or not/

I expected others to have said some for or against the proposed change.
Oh well...
This has been discussed about two weeks ago on leaf-user (which was the
reason I didn't say anything earlier).

See:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=10135863&forum_id=5483

The short version is that it's a sane default, and somebody who wants to
get rid of libwrap checking can simply add "ALL: ALL" to hosts.allow.
IMHO, the default config should not be as open as possible, but rather
as secure as possible, and somebody who wants to open the box to the
outside world has to make the change manually.

Martin

I do prefe the way it has been but can live with commenting the lines so I amd others can just uncoment them plus if going to change from the way was to be documented.

Larry Platzek  [EMAIL PROTECTED]