Hi all,

this is a little depressing. After spending years (and tons of emails)
discussing the need for a kernel 2.6 version of LEAF, there has been no
response on this list on the topic. Is somebody actually interested in
continued work on that image (and has just not had an issue with it what
I've posted last Saturday), or did I scare off people with my too
verbose email, or is there just no interest, as long as somebody
provides the drivers for the hardware people need?

I didn't expect a storm of activity - but I (perhaps foolishly) expected
some sort of response. I'm not looking for a "good job, well done"
response - but some sort of feedback that somebody is actually giving
the latest developments a try would be helpful. Without any kind of
feedback whatsoever, it's very hard to justify spending one's spare time
on something nobody will use anyway.

Maybe LEAF is a victim of the fact that it works so well, and as long as
somebody helps getting the latest network drivers to work, all is well
as far as the LEAF developers are concerned. By the way thank you Erich
for spending your time on that, I truly appreciate your involvement in
getting those drivers to work (and despite the fact that it may sound
like it, I do not mean that cynically - I actually appreciate the work
you've been doing). And by all means, I don't mean to discount the
people who have contributed to the LEAF project in the recent past - I'm
just a little surprised that there has been no response of any kind on
this list about what seems to have been asked for so many times in the
part. Maybe having a branch that supports 2.6 kernel isn't all that
important after all, despite the fact that the topic has been coming up
every now and then since 2005 (possibly earlier than that, but 2005 was
the earliest I could find doing a quick search of the archives).

Martin