On Saturday 08 March 2008 13:30:04 Erich Titl wrote:
> Hi Martin
>
> Martin Hejl wrote, at 07.03.2008 21:56:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > this is a little depressing. After spending years (and tons of emails)
> > discussing the need for a kernel 2.6 version of LEAF, there has been no
> > response on this list on the topic. Is somebody actually interested in
> > continued work on that image (and has just not had an issue with it what
> > I've posted last Saturday), or did I scare off people with my too
> > verbose email, or is there just no interest, as long as somebody
> > provides the drivers for the hardware people need?
>
> Actually playing with e1000 for 2.4 reset me a little lately. Definitely
> I am convinced that if LEAF wants to go on strongly we need to be on par
> with other project which do similar work, e.g. 2.6 is a must.
>
> And for all your effort which point into the future here it is _WELL DONE_
>
> One of my concerns in the 2.6 branch will be IPSEC, as now we need to
> use the native stack. It appears that with using the native stack IPSEC
> will be an application like any other, so we may have now the benefit of
> using Strongswan's IKEv2 implementation :-)
>
> Anyway, I need to probably get two buidltool branches, how are you
> people doing this?

Erich;
I'm having two pathes buildtool and buildtool26 (well, I do have some more as
testbeds for building older stuff as well, but doesn't matter here), whenever
I change to the one, which the ld-uClibc loader doesn't point to, I'll be
asked by buildtool.pl if I want to create a proper symlink, responding
with "Y" and giving the root password is all I have to do.
Arne and Martin did a pretty good job to make it as simple as possible for a
poor man to run more than one build environment at a time.