Scott,
As I promised I am updating the list on my progress at getting game servers to
work with echowall and Dachstein. Your suggestions for the Quake section worked
great for Quake 2 but Quake 1 and 3 do not connect. I suspect that in the case of
Q3 it may be related to the lack of processor power in my games server. I didn't
even try Unreal Tournament on that box. Tonight I tried UT on my wifes machine
which has the power but still could not connect. The server registered that my
game was connecting but it timed out and never connects. I do not see any errors
in the log but it almost appears as if the packet are allowed in but are not
getting back to the client. When I was successful with Q2 I was using a machine
on the same net as the server but connecting to the external IP. Since it worked
for Q2 is it reasonable to assume it would work for UT and Q3? I will ask a
friend to try from outside the network sometime this weekend just to see if it
works. Any additional suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Kory