Kory:
        Heya. Interesting error; I've not run echoWall on a
Dachstein kernel yet, but I'm surprised it wouldn't slip right
in. Huh.
        The "weird character" warnings appear to be generated
by these two lines in echowall.rules:

$IPCHAINS -A input -i !lo -s 127.0.0.0/8 -j DENY
$IPCHAINS -A input -i !lo -d 127.0.0.0/8 -j DENY

        Try typing those lines at the command prompt, replacing
"$IPCHAINS" with just "ipchains" and lemme know if you get the
same warning.

        Anyhow...since echowall completes and reports what
is running, you should be able to connect. How have you tested
that you cannot? Keep in mind that, if your connecting from
another network, you must setup the game clients to use your
LEAF boxes *external IP address* as the server to connect to,
not the 192.168.1.10 address. If your connecting from the
same LAN as the game-servers, you can use that local address.
        In fact, please test that: from the same LAN, you can
connect to the game server on 192.168.1.10? If you cannot, it's
not (yet) a firewall problem.
        Keep me posted of your progress!

-Scott, building a Dachstein disk now...