On Sunday 04 November 2001 05:47 pm, Kory Krofft wrote:
> Tom,
>
> That maakes sense but how do I open that UDP port? I started this
> thread because
> I did not understand the syntax of the ipchains rules. The only down
> side I have found to LRP is no man pages. I tried the HOW-TOs but
> they assume a higher level of Linux knowledge than I have. Scott
> Best's echowall was suggested because it did not require a lot of
> esoteric command lines. I like the current plan of using one boot
> disk for gaming and a second for normal protection is fine so I could
> have one with echowall or modified ipchains rules if I can figure
> them out.
>
> Your suggestions are appreciated,

Wait for Scott to respond -- I've not used echowall and the _README_
left me in doubt as to the appropriate syntax. For example, the
_README_ that I found says:

WANTED_SERVICES="PPTP"
HTTP_HOST_MACID="all"

I would have thought that the second line would have been:

PPTP_HOST_MACID=...

-Tom
--
Tom Eastep    \  [EMAIL PROTECTED]