> Doh!  I'm just in the process of converting from ESB2 to dachstein CD
1.0.1
> on my 486/66 with 16MB of RAM.  What do I need to modify to get
DachsteinCD
> to work with 16MB?  Or is this too little?

It's pleanty of RAM, just not with the default ramdisk sizes.

> The BIOS does not support CD boot so I have to boot from a floppy if that
> makes a difference.

It makes it a lot easier to change.  You probably want something more like
the floppy disk defaults, with a 6 Meg /dev/ram0 (root) and a 2 meg
/dev/ram1 (/var/log), leaving 8 meg for the kernel & user programs on a 16
Meg system.

Change the root ramdisk size by editing syslinux.cfg on your boot floppy.
Change the log ramdisk size by editing /etc/ramdisk.conf and backing up
ramlog.

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net