> it is an old dell 166MHz box with 64M of ram.  any way to tell it to load
> specific modules from the boot command line?

Your system should be OK...I typically run old Pentium 133/166 systems with
32 megs (old gateway systems with SDRAM support), and 64 megs is more then
enough RAM.

There's no way to load specific modules from the command line, but you *CAN*
use your modules.lrp file from your floppy disk.  The CD system is setup to
load modules directly from the CD, but it can use the floppy version (with
the modules in /lib/modules) as well.  I can't understand what would hang if
you don't have NIC modules loaded, however.  I boot this way all the time
when testing, and have never had the system hang...

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net