> INIT: Entering runlevel: 2
> Starting system log daemon: syslogd klogd.
> Starting base networking daemons: inetd.
> Starting software watchdog... done.
> Starting periodic command scheduler: cron.
> Starting additional networking services:.
>
> and that is the last thing it says.  my dachstein floppy config used
> the modules pciscan, rtl8139, 8390, and ne2k-pci and worked without a
> problem.
>
> thoughts/comments?

Looks like it's booting properly, but something is obviously going
wrong...how much memory do you have?  The CD kind of assumes you've got a
fair amount of RAM, creating a 12 Meg /dev/ram0 and a 4 meg /dev/ram1 by
default, so you need something like 20Meg+ to actually run...I typically put
32 Meg in my systems.  Saddly, if you need to lower (or raise) the size of
the initial ramdisk, you have to either boot from floppy, or burn a new CD
image, with a modified bootdisk.bin (so you can pass new parameters to the
kernel when it boots).

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net