-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Matt Schalit
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2002 3:35 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Leaf-user] Dach Floppy

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> BTW, that is a literal "0.0.0.0" in the debug output,
> not just me hiding my ip.
>
> Sean
> > Ok, sshd -d  (debug!) returns:
> >
> > ------------------------------------
> > ....Stuff
> > ....More Stuff
> > Bind to port 22 on 0.0.0.0 failed:  Address already in
> > use.
> > Cannot bind any address.
> > -------------------------------------
> >
> > This was Dach Floppy modified to be a static address.
> > How can I tell what is using port 22 already?

The 0.0.0.0 is fine, and it is telling the sshd to
listen on port 22 on all ip addresses configured
into the Os. (ie eth0 and eth1).  As long as you
have port 22 on eth0 blocked, you're not going to
have anyone connecting from the external side.  Thus
running the sshd on 0.0.0.0 is safe enough.

To find out if a server is running on a particular
port, you use the netstat command:

    netstat -an
or  netstat -a   if you have an interest in human readable names.

What does ps tell you?

Good Luck,
Matthew