Jon Clausen wrote:

> > I put the draft at: http://bund.dk/~jon/weblethowto-pub.html so you guys
> > can get a preview. (Also it was a good opportunity to make some more html
> > and myself a homepage -my first...) I'll update it later today with the
> > above...
>
> O.k. done.
>
> Feedback welcome :)
>
> Jon

N1 Jon,

The answer to the remote thing would be to have a script
loaded on your remote laptop that, when run, determines the
laptop ip and writes a one line file containing:

sh-httpd: ip.add.re.ss/255.255.255.255

to the laptop temp directory, and then uses scp or ssh or rsync
to append that one line temp file to the LEAF box /etc/host.allow.

If the laptop is on a private network, then the script uses
the NAT gateway ip.  Determinig the NAT ip could get tricky,
but can be done easily enough with a script that when called
makes traffic to somewhere that responds with the NAT ip.

I don't think it's necessary to use dyndns.
Best,
Matthew