> I don't understand why eth0 is involved in the config, if I have an internal
> adsl card in the LEAF. The documentation talks about PPPoA connection via a
> NIC, so possibly that is what the below refers to. I won't have that NIC,
> and will presumably just get something like a ttyS0 which I have to link to
> ppp0?
Here is what ***I think*** you need with a PCI ATM modem (my previous example
was assuming an external modem connected through eth0)

Load the linux kernel atm module. Available in Bering modules directory:
http://leaf.sourceforge.net/devel/jnilo/bering/latest/modules/net/atm/
and declare it in module

You then need the pppd plugin "pppoatm.so". AFAIK this modules does not exits
for ppp 2.4.1 but does exist for ppp 2.4.0 ... I may try to compile that for
you if you want.

Then you connect through ppp.

1/ Edit options
lock
ipparam ppp0
noipdefault
noauth
default-asyncmap
defaultroute
hide-password
noaccomp
noccp
nobsdcomp
nodeflate
nopcomp
novj novjccomp
lcp-echo-interval 20
lcp-echo-failure 3
sync
maxfail 0
persist
plugin /usr/lib/pppd/plugins/pppoatm.so 8.35  <----VPI.VCI  parameter for your
country. This is the number used in France

2 /pap-secrets
# Secrets for authentication using PAP
# client                         server secret              IP addresses
"netissimo@netissimo"   *               "netissimo"
"fti/gya8c84@fti"                       *               "e3ga4az"

3/ and/or chap-secrets
# Secrets for authentication using CHAP
# client                    server secret                   IP addresses
"netissimo@netissimo"   *               "netissimo"
"fti/gya8c84@fti"                       *               "e3ga4az"
[root@s1 root]#

4/ Interface file will look like: