Aanhalen Dave Anderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

I am by no means an expert on the matter but since noone responded I'll share
my views. I have compiled my own "bering kernel" so I should be able to tell
you a thing or two.

When I compiled my own kernel I had some problems so I asked the list if it
could be glibc based, I was told (I believe by jacques that kernel & modules
do not depend on the libc library so that this couldn't be the problem).
I 'll save you the rest of my problems but this should answer your question.

For the module to compile it is probably as simple as compiling it to a stock
kernel. Although your original kernel probably has to be compiled with the
option or hook (or whatever it is called to accept your module). Bottom line
you will probably have to change your kernel too if you want to use your own
compiled module.

Consequence is that your kernel will have to be patched for lrp.
Check Jacques Nilo's developper page on Http://leaf.sourceforge.net
for the patches.

Jacques or anyone else, If I am goofing please correct thanks.

Kim