Mark Ivey wrote:

> I'm running a Bering firewall, and I want all my local computers added to my
> dns server.  This is so I don't have to try to figure out what address a
> computer got before I can access it.  How can I get my dhcp server to update
> my dns server?  Should I be running tinydns, dnscache, or both?  Thanks!

Look here:

        <http://leaf.sourceforge.net/devel/helices/scripts/dhcp_2_dns.sh>

You need to run it periodically.  I run it from /etc/multicron-p.

HTH

--

Best Regards,

mds
mds resource
888.250.3987

Our capacity for understanding is inversely proportional to how much we
think we know.  The more I know, the more I know I don't know . . .