On Wed, 2002-05-22 at 08:07, Omar D. Samuels wrote:
> > Either way, as I have been insisting, you need to correct the root cause
> > of these symptomatic messages.  What is the underlying cause?
> >
> To tell the truth, I'm not sure exactly what is the underlying cause.

Omar,
Please post the diagnostic information requested by Michael. We should
be able to determine the problem for you. Unfortunately, the information
you've provided up to now is insufficient to troubleshoot the problem.

> When I stop syslog it stops happening.

This only hides the problem. It doesn't correct it. The kernel message
to your console isn't the problem. It's likely routing or firewall
related. This is the root cause that needs to be addressed.

> The only time it does not occur is either when I have nothing online
> behind the LRP box or if I stop the NET service altogether.
>
> I am wondering if it is a space thing, or could it be as a result of faulty
> memory?

Neither of these suggestions are likely causes of your problem.

Please read this FAQ and post the recommended information. Thanks.

> SR FAQ: http://leaf-project.org/pub/doc/docmanager/docid_1891.html

Also, you may want to read the EigerStein Installation Guide.
http://leaf-project.org/pub/doc/guide/install-eigerstein/es-contents.html

--
Mike Noyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://sourceforge.net/users/mhnoyes/