"Omar D. Samuels" wrote:

[ snip ]

> I think you are THE MAN!  I really appreciate this man.  I'm gonna give it a
> try.  I don't want to really shut off syslog.  The thing is I gotta get rid
> of those messages.  The box needs to, when it is installed, just sit there,
> running maybe something like Sniffit, which has interface that is messed up
> by the NET msgs.  I'm hoping that whatever those emergency msgs are all
> about, then they will not occur when I do the final installation of the box.
>
> I'm gonna try commenting out the *.emerg line.   Thanks again man.
> I'll definitely keep you posted.

Please, post a few lines from /var/log/kern.log or /var/log/syslog that
immediately precede some of these `NET ... suppressed' messages -- we
can help you eliminate the root cause.

Trust me, you will not be satisfied with your firewall until you
eliminate this problem.  Whatever this problem is, it is a bad thing and
you must correct it and not ignore it.

hth

--

Best Regards,

mds
mds resource
888.250.3987

Our capacity for understanding is inversely proportional to how much we
think we know.  The more I know, the more I know I don't know . . .