Depending on the NIC you're using, you can in fact fake an MAC address.

I am not sure how you do this on Bering, just got back from vacation...

Search the list!

-----Original Message-----
From: Blaise Lab [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2002 10:53 AM
To: Liste de distribution sur LEAF (Adresse de messagerie)
Subject: [leaf-user] LRP Bering / change nic mac address

Hello,

I'm using LRP Bering 1.0 rc 3. My firewall is connected to internet through
a cable modem. My cable modem internet provider has to link a static ip
address with the nic mac address... if I have a problem with the nic and
must change it, I must give the new mac address to my cable modem internet
provider.

Is there a way to fix a mac address with a nic ?

Thanks.

Blaise Lab