I think others have mostly answered this one, but your follow-up suggests there may be a gap in the details.

If the client is actually *providing* cable service himself (and not just running the wire to distribute some cable company's feed around the development), then he has to have something at the headend (the "central location" you refer to) that puts all the signals ... the local broadcast TV channels, satellite feeds, whatever he is providing ... on *his* cable. If that equipment provides a way to add an IP-baed feed to the mix, then that equipment handles the hardware requirements on the distribution side. It simply needs to accept the IP traffic from some sort of interface that the LEAF router knows about (most likely something that can connect to an Ethernet interface).

To sell (or give away) Internet service, he has to get it from somewhere. It will come in as a cable feed, or a DSL line, or a DS-1 line, or whatever he buys. That incoming service will need an interface, either one that converts it to Ethernet (e.g., a cable modem) or one on the LEAF router that handles that type of connection (e.g., a Sangoma card).

If those requirements are met, then a LEAF router should serve him well; just make sure you scale the hardware right for the expected traffic levels. The "converting it" issues are just hardware issues, and if you can make the connections to an i86 box, then LEAF should be able to handle it.

OTOH, if he is just resistributing someone else's cable feed to the development, then what you want to do is a bit trickier, probably not doable without the cooperation of the provider. If this is the situation, give us more details.