Thanks for the answers so far on this issue.  Although it leaves me with
questions to ask the developer rather than my friend doing some of the
construction work :)

Basically the information I've gotten so far is from a friend of mine who
got a contract to do all the porches in this development.  Currently there's
only 1 house in the area & it's for the guy who will be managing the whole
housing development.  As far as I know, nothing else will be bulit until at
least next spring.  The plan is a higher end housing development, the
pricing for the land itself is definately on the high end, but the people
coming in from East & West Coast aren't blinking an eye at the figures for
just the land.  Unfortunately this tosses out the idea of the easy way of
simply running CAT5 cable through an apartment complex (I've thought of
doing this before also).  Another idea I thought of was to set up wireless
access points throughout, but that can get messy and/or complicated...
however a possible idea considering it's a new toy :)

As to the questions of whether he is providing the cable service or simply
forwarding someone elses I don't know.  More than likely either way he will
be getting the cable service from Comcast (I'm not sure if Roadrunner is in
that part of town or not).  If anyone has any knowledge of either of these &
how easy they are to deal with, please let me know.

The guaranteed way to solve this is to simply dump a leaf box in each house
built which might be the better way as Jim might want to set up a Quake
server, but Bob doesn't want anyone even trying to connect to his computers.
Either way I'm wondering if anyone has found a good place to get the
necessary hardware?  I was sort of hoping to find a small case just large
enough to fit the hardware inside.  Someone suggested I look at the
shuttles, but those seem to much of a powerhouse and cash output just for a
leaf box (or 20).

At this point its all talk, but I'm interested in answers so I can pull this
off :)

Btw, is there a LEAF advocacy group or anything?  I keep getting luser
do I need a firewall?'  Not to mention I might have a media outlet... my
neighbor is a news editor for one of the local news stations (can't remember
whether it's fox, nbc, or what).

Patrick