----- Original Message -----
From: "Henning Jebsen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Christian HOSTELET" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2004 12:49 PM
Subject: Re: [leaf-user] Re: LEAF on Notebook help

> Christian HOSTELET wrote:
> > The package pcmcia.lrp should be modified to contain two scripts in
> > /etc/init.d
> > > The first script (/etc/init.d/pcmcia) is the standard one but with the
> > RCDLINKS line changed to:
> >  RCDLINKS="S,S38 2,S13 3,S13 4,S13 5,S13 6,K87"
>
> GREAT ! Wonderful ! Let me hug you ;-). This change brought my notebook
> UP and RUNNING without any errors !
>
> Shouldn't this be corrected in the package ? (Joe Moat also had the same
> problems with pcmcia like me)
>
> I'm so happy :-)
>
> Greetings !

Hello,

   Back from a long weekend.

   I'm happy that you are !-))

   In fact I don't know who is in charge of this pcmcia.lrp package
inclusion in Bering... and could make this modification kind-of "official".

   I don't understand why this was not done before, because it is just
initialization of PCMCIA hardware, not of the network stuff. If you take the
parallel of a PCI Ethernet card, it's driver is started early in the boot
process (either at kernel init time, or when its module is loaded). Same
should occur for PCMCIA stuff this is the reason I added S,S38.

--
Christian - Grenoble