Christian HOSTELET wrote:

process (either at kernel init time, or when its module is loaded). Same
should occur for PCMCIA stuff this is the reason I added S,S38.
I am a bit off topic now asking this:
I dont know what S,S38 means. I know about runlevels, for
sure, but am not familiar with debian-stuff.
That was the reason, my changes of rcdlinks did not work unless
I used your proposal. What does S,S38 mean ? Start it before _any_ other runlevels[123456] ?? K,Z99 would be
the corresponding very last script to be executed ?

Greetings !