Hi.

I have one of these:
http://www.sys-media.it/cv860a.html

- which I've succeeded in setting up as a dual WAN router.

It boots off a 64MB CF, and runs a self-compiled 2.4.20 kernel with Bering
as well as Julian Anastasov's 'dgd' patches applied.

Everything works nicely and it performs great, routing for some 80+ clients
:)

Now, I'd like to put the logs on the attached harddisk, so as to preserve
them in case of powerfailures etc...

The mobo has a VIA vt82c686b ide-controller, so consequently I have

CONFIG_BLK_DEV_VIA82CXXX=y in the kernel config

-which I would've thought should cover it. Obviously I was mistaken,
because:

# mount /dev/hdc6 /mnt
mount: Mounting /dev/hdc6 on /mnt failed: Device not configured

Before I start spraying dmesg output at everyone, I should explain that the
harddisk (2½" 40-pin laptop-style) has a working SuSE 9.0 system on it.

This should offer *some* help in pinpointing the problem, in that it's
possible for me to boot that system and compare. There are, however, a great
*many* differences including ACPI, DMA and IRQ settings, which all may
contribute (or not...)

I have this "on the tip of my tongue" -feeling. It's probably something
trivial, but at this point I guess I can't see the forest for trees...

/dev/hdc = 40 GB Hitachi dk23ea-40
/dev/hdd = 64 MB CF Card

Both recognized/mountable under SuSE, only hdd recognized/mountable under
Bering.

Suggestions/thoughts welcome, and much appreciated.

TIA,
Jon Clausen

--
Just say "know!"