On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 17:56 +1000, Matthew Pozzi wrote:
> Well here is one to ask about!
>
> My uclibc router has been playing up of late, its loosing its networking. So
> much so that an svi networking restart comes up with no IP addresses. Ifdown
> then ifup of the individual interfaces will work.
>
> The DSL connection will come up but it will show the output that should be
> going to logs on /dev/console, same with mgetty, its coming up on the screen
> too. Its most frustrating, I think there is a logging issue and a networking
> issue. Time to back it allup and start again otherwise.

hmm. could be that klogd or syslog are not running. You should get rid
of the messages with a "dmesg -n 1" on your console...
Sounds like Problems with your start scripts, but that's nothing new to
you, i suppose.
Which Version of bering-uclibc are you using ?
if you make a "ps" on your router, do you see /sbin/syslogd
and /sbin/klogd ?

> Regards,
> Matt

--arne