Hi All,

     I still consider myself to be a newbie to leaf and Linux in general
and found myself corrupting files on a CF Disk.

I had to learn the hard way so I thought I would share my woes.  I have
been working with Troy Aden (Thanks Troy) getting beta 4 to work on CF
as described by Peter Mueller (Thanks Peter for the How-TO) .

My .02

     NEVER BACKUP PACKAGES WITH DESTINATION DEVICE (hda1) MOUNTED!  This
will corrupt the CF disk.

     I would like to suggest a modification to the backup script that
will check for and automatically umount any device that is destined to
be a backup location before attempting to write the backup.  It took me
two days to figure out what I was doing wrong.

Thanx for the great mail-list and Thanx to all those helping us newbies
out.

Darcy