Hello.

I'm running a LEAF uClibc Bering 3.0 system currently to do simple
Internet connection sharing with a couple PCs on my network. I'm in
the market for a printer and rather than paying the extra money for a
hardware print server, I'd like to see if I can make my LEAF box
handle my printer sharing.

The printer I'm looking at buying is a HP LaserJet P2015. Like most
modern printers, it's exclusively USB which should be fine. My LEAF
system has USB 1.1 ports and LEAF should support generic USB devices
(not just storage) as far as I know.

I would think that I'd just need to configure my system to detect the
printer and get an installation of CUPS up and running. I shouldn't
have too much trouble with print spooling since I can pretty easily
upgrade the RAM so as to allow for a larger spool.

Browsing the available packages on the LEAF site says that there
aren't any packages available to do this (no CUPS, no LPR, etc). Am I
overlooking something? Has anyone done this before?

Thanks.

Andy