Andy,
To overcome the space restrictions, use your floppy only to bootstrap
load LEAF and use an USB-stick for all the packages. You can even use it
for temporary files of any program.
Erich, USB-sticks are easier to manage than flash-disks (in my opinion)
and only systems from before 1998 don't have USB options.
Just my 2 cents.
Joep