Hi Tom,

> - formatted the flash card (one fat partition (10mb) and one ext2 partition)
> - installed syslinux on the first partition
> - put the master boot record in order
> - copied the files of the
> image(:Bering-uClibc_3.1_img_bering-uclibc-1680.bin) to the flash disk
> - altered the syslinux.cfg file,   this is in it :      display syslinux.dpy
>       timeout 5
>       append reboot=bios
>       default linux initrd=initrd.lrp init=/linuxrc root=/dev/ram0
> boot=/dev/hda1:msdos PKGPATH=/dev/hda1:msdos
> LRP="root,config,etc,modules,iptables,dhcpcd,keyboard,shorwall,ulogd,dnsmasq,dropbear,mhttpd,openntpd,webconf"
Maybe you just forgot to mention it, but you also need to replace the
initrd.lrp file (the one from the floppy image will not work for booting
off a hd/cf), as mentioned in
http://leaf.sourceforge.net/doc/buci-ide3.html#id3226784

> Now, when I tested it in the NexGate Appliance I got this output:
>
> *all partitions checked correctly
> *no problems found what however, till LINUXRC: Installing - ...
> *Everything is being found except these:  "root: "root(nf!), webconf":
> webconf"(nf!)
> *and it ends with these errors
>   /linuxrc: source: line 277: can't open /var/lib/lrpkg/root.dev.own
>   Kernel panic: Attemted to kill init!
If the missing proper initrd was not the problem - are you sure the CF
is actually hda on your box? If it also has a regular ide port (for a
2.5 HD or something like that), it could also be hdb, hdc or hdd (or
something else - just check kernel messages)

I hope that helps

Martin