Hi Martin,

first of all, thx for the quick reply!

Citeren Martin Hejl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi Tom,
>
>> - formatted the flash card (one fat partition (10mb) and one ext2 partition)
>> - installed syslinux on the first partition
>> - put the master boot record in order
>> - copied the files of the
>> image(:Bering-uClibc_3.1_img_bering-uclibc-1680.bin) to the flash disk
>> - altered the syslinux.cfg file,   this is in it :      display syslinux.dpy
>>       timeout 5
>>       append reboot=bios
>>       default linux initrd=initrd.lrp init=/linuxrc root=/dev/ram0
>> boot=/dev/hda1:msdos PKGPATH=/dev/hda1:msdos
>> LRP="root,config,etc,modules,iptables,dhcpcd,keyboard,shorwall,ulogd,dnsmasq,dropbear,mhttpd,openntpd,webconf"
> Maybe you just forgot to mention it, but you also need to replace the
> initrd.lrp file (the one from the floppy image will not work for booting
> off a hd/cf), as mentioned in
> http://leaf.sourceforge.net/doc/buci-ide3.html#id3226784

Indeed, sorry I just forgot to mention it. I replaced it with the
initrd_ide.lrp file.

>> Now, when I tested it in the NexGate Appliance I got this output:
>>
>> *all partitions checked correctly
>> *no problems found what however, till LINUXRC: Installing - ...
>> *Everything is being found except these:  "root: "root(nf!), webconf":
>> webconf"(nf!)
>> *and it ends with these errors
>>   /linuxrc: source: line 277: can't open /var/lib/lrpkg/root.dev.own
>>   Kernel panic: Attemted to kill init!
> If the missing proper initrd was not the problem - are you sure the CF
> is actually hda on your box? If it also has a regular ide port (for a
> 2.5 HD or something like that), it could also be hdb, hdc or hdd (or
> something else - just check kernel messages)

In the kernel messages I recieve this:

hda: attached ide-disk driver.
hda: 508928 sectors (261 MB) w/0KiB Cache, CHS=994/16/32
Partition check:
hda: hda1 hda2
hda: hda1 hda2
hda: hda1 hda2

So I fear this also won't be the problem..
Also all other packages are being read after LINUXRC: Installing - ..
So it must be some problem with reading the root I guess ..

Tom