So, I started to take the plunge and update my firewall. This is a problem
since I managed to kill my existing floppy disk. I can't wait to be done
with floppies.

Anyhow, my hardware is an old Abit BH6 motherboard with P3-500 processor.
Unfortunately, I can't configure it to boot off the USB. So, for now, I
decided to boot off the CD iso. It seems to boot up okay but doesn't seem to
recognize the floppy drive.

I also tried to boot with another old computer. In this case it is an
AN35-400 nforce based board with an AMD XP-1500+. For some reason this
computer hangs at the point where you see Booting the kernel. I've tried the
i486 and the i686 packages with no success.

Would someone be kind enough to give me some guidance? I have no idea where
to start. Maybe I need to upgrade the hardware.

Thanks,
Rich