On 11 Apr 2012, at 19:12, n22e113 wrote:

>> I downloaded the file Bering-uClibc_4.1_geode_syslinux_ser.tar.
> The above tar file will redirect all output to /dev/ttyS0 (aka
> COM1:DB-9) serial ports (See page 12 of your AR-B1554 User's Guide). You
> need to use a null modem cable and attach the other end to a Linux
> console using minicom or something similar. Also, make sure the MB bios
> is set correctly: (1) Baud_Rate=19200, (2)
> Agent_after_boot=<try-both-Disable/Enable].
> Cheers, Kwon

Kwon you just beat me to it!  That most likely explains why there is no output
from the kernel boot sequence to the VGA display.

Brad you could also try the _i486_vga disk image since I *think* that is
compatible with (but not optimised for) the Geode processor and will use the
VGA display for all output. It's possible to use the _geode_ser disk image with
a VGA display by removing the /dev/ttyS0 reference from the syslinux.cfg APPEND
line and also deleting the initial configdb.lrp file (which sends the login
prompt to /dev/ttyS0).

david