Well at least I know I was trying the right things. Thank you for your
contributions. I really do appreciate the assistance. Each of the suggestions
by David, Kwon, and Victor were the things I tried; thinking similar to what
you indicated in your emails. I tried the serial connection first; actually
multiple times using minicom on a Linux based computer. I verified all the
settings and there was no connection. I read through minicom directions many
times to make sure I had it configured properly but could never get a display.

One important thing I noted in my first email is that once it gets to the
"Booting the kernel." message, the device stops accessing the CF drive.
Compared to BuC 3.x (on the same exact device), the CF drive light shows it is
being accessed well after the same message. It seems to me, the boot process is
stopping, and it is not a matter of display.

I also tried changing the initrd.lrp from the Geode based to the i486 based
with VGA. That works for my production device (using Bering-uClibc 3.x), but
not this device. Although I didn't delete the configdb.lrp file, which seems
like an important step. I will try this first.

As indicated below, I read through the Troubleshooting section and tried those
changes, including modifying the APPEND statement to: APPEND reboot=bios
libata.dma=3.

I will try these modifications again just to make sure (although I tried the
serial connection using null modem over a dozen times) I configured everything
properly. Hopefully, there was something I missed (which happens a lot).
However, if there are any further suggestions I'm open to them.