On 08/04/16 15:13, Mark Berndt wrote:
> I've seen this behaviour on USB sticks as well.  The sticks had plenty of room
> but would run out of space early during file copy.  Reformatting on windows
> with the hp usb stick utility made them work correctly if I recall correctly.
>
> cheers
> Marko

OK, I just tried copy Bering 5 to a FAT32 1GB USB stick with no problems.
Referring to Microsoft:
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc940351.aspx
My CF (256MByte) is not supported for FAT32, so I suppose it has been
formatted FAT16, this still supports 512 root dir entries (without long
filenames) and so should work (and does - under Windows).

Cheers,

Bob

--
The Sun is out, the sky is blue, it's time to drive the MR2.