On 09/04/16 14:40, Bob von Knobloch wrote:
> On 09/04/16 11:51, kp kirchdoerfer wrote:
>> >We have long filenames on the iso image (>8.3). In FAT16 the
>> >root-dir-entries
>> >may run out of space because of that (root-dir-entries are  also used to
>> >store
>> >long filenames) . That's why copying into / stopped at 80MB
> Err... not in my case. The same, formatted CF only copied to 80MB using
> Linux, BUT copied 256MB using Windows. So it's not the formatting.
>
> Still, this isn't really a LEAF topic as such.
>
>   > I use ext4 on my routers instead.
>
> Can you boot Ext4 disks on a WRAP OK? Using grub or lilo? I'd be quite
> interested.
>

> I've given up with Bering5 until I get a new CF. It makes loads of DMA
> errors (not fixable with the published DMA fix), so I think it's too old
> (> 13 years) and will get a new one with (hopefully) a better controller
> in it.
> It still is working fine with Bering3 :=)

Replying to an old thread of mine with updates and a question.

I bought a new SD card and the problem of copying more than 80MBytes
under Linux vanished :)

The new card also boots OK on the WRAP 1D platform (with dma turned off) :)

But I get an error during boot:

[    1.751307] i8042: No controller found
[    1.772272] mce: Unable to init device /dev/mcelog (rc: -5)

which seems to be a complaint that the display adapter is missing.
Reasonable, I suppose, as the WRAP board doesn't have a display.

Can I blacklist some module to stop this, or does it require a kernel
compile?
(I don't have a cross-compile set-up for this).

Cheers,

Bob

--
The Sun is out, the sky is blue, it's time to drive the MR2.