The result of these childish spats mainly caused by one idiot are that we are denied the likes of the following rather good match reports.

The idiot is now on moderation. Rob you will stay that way you have caused too much trouble for my liking.

now read on.....................

West Ham Match Report
Posted on March 18, 2012

Everybody was buzzing for this one. The pubs in Leeds were brimming early doors and the pre-match excitement factor was back.

Warnock decided to go unchanged after the excellent performance against Boro but having seen their result today you wonder how good they really were ? Or did we break their spirit ? Let’s assume the latter for now.

We started with a 4-4-2 with White taking up his new right wing role. It was obvious from the start that this was going to be a battle and definitely more of a contest than the Saints game. I hate managers of teams who win the toss and make us play towards the Kop first half. It might seem like a small factor but second half, when players are getting tired, the Kop can suck goals in -I am convinced of that.

There was no space on the pitch. Snoddy was well marked and Clayton and Brown scrapped like terriers in midfield. The main tactic seemed to be hit it long to Becchio and whilst he won his fair share of balls in the air, his knock ons were aimless and usually ended at the feet of a Hammers player.

Warnock tried to switch it, putting Snoddy on right and Aidy on the left. It still didn’t work, we couldn’t create any room and the game just continued to be a stalemate. We defended really well restricting them to over hit crosses and passes, their only real chance coming when they broke through on the left, Robinson appeared to be outpaced but Lonerghan came out bravely and smothered the ball.

Our best chances came when Becchio blatantly pushed a West Ham player out of the way to nod on for Snoddy who clipped it into the net and then the excellent Clayton who managed to create a shooting chance when there were bodies all around him, unfortunately it went wide. The only other chance worthy of note was a Snograss free-kick which narrowly missed with Robert (“you let yor country down”) Green floundering.

As the half progressed I thought we ran out of ideas, Becchio started to revert to his old trick of trying to dribble his way out of trouble which just results him in losing the ball , the rest seemed to get involved in petty squables with the opposition. It was a fascinating half, loads of effort and commitment from both teams yet little quality.

Second half and Warnock tried something different again. He put Ross out on the left, Snoddy on the right and Aidy in the hole behind Becchio. Ross and Becchio in my eyes doesn’t work, there’s no pace or cohesion between the two, I think the best I can think of is Becchio’s goal at Boro which Macca’s fed him on a plate but that was a Boro error rather than good interplay between the 2 strikers.

I think it was an attempt to get Aidy on the ball more and try to use his pace through the middle. Lets face it neither Luc or Macca are going to outrun the defence. It didn’t work, although Aidy did see a bit more of the ball and did have one or two runs he was generally crowded out by 2 or 3 Hammers players. His best effort resulted in an ambitious cross goal effort which in the end went well wide. In general they seemed bigger than us. Nolan and Faye were disappointing but they have a big presence on the pitch and don’t get pushed off the ball too often.

We huffed and puffed, so did they, the game became more and more fractious resulting in bookings on both sides. Robinson showed the Leeds fans in the North East corner what he is all about. He was on a yellow card but still went in all guns blazing for a 50:50 challenge and won it. Stupid maybe ? But it certainly got the crowd going.

With 15 mins to go Warnock went for a double substitution. Webber for White, who had worked hard but to be honest didn’t have enough physical presence in a game like this. Second sub was Forsell for Macca, who again had worked hard but not had his best afternoon.

Webber immediately looked lively an won a corner after a good run. We pushed forward and I did feel that West Ham were vulnerable against crosses and corners especially Green (“You let your country down”) who doesn’t command his area at all.

One cross found Green flapping to get it away only to Connolly who headed against the bar. Fortunately for us the ball rebounded to Becchio, who really couldn’t miss from 1 yard out.

I think we were all confident that we would hold on. Then George McCartney (remember him ?) came forward, completely sliced his cross which turned it into a shot. Lonergan played the percentage game and tipped it over. If he knew what was coming maybe he may have trie another option. Having said that how can you legislate for 2 Leeds players allowing Collins to have a free header into the net? It was all in slow motion and all far too easy.

So a 1-1 draw. We were marginally the better team throughout and in many ways continued with our recent improvement. You’re never going to get an easy ride against a big Sam team. I wonder what the Hammers fans really think about him ? He’s not really a good fit in my opinion.

Player ratings:

Lonergan -6. Not a lot to do, would question him for the goal but that may be a tad harsh ?

Connelly -7. I think he looks like a different player, meaner, fitter and leaner.

Robinson -7. The new Vinnie? I am slightly worried about his lack of pace but in general he is exactly what we need. Highlight of the game was him turning around to the North East, clenched fist, shouting “Come On!” .We responded.

O’Dea – 6. Couldn’t really pick an incident where he was totally at fault but I just get a feeling he’s too much if a plodder. He has definitely upped his game but I think we should be looking at other options to play alongside Tom Lees.

Lees -7. Marked down for losing his man or their goal but in general I thought he was solid and quick to react to situations. I heard Warnock slagging him off for he goal and that’s fair enough but what were the other players doing ?

Clayton – 8. I thought he was superb first half, breaking up moves, getting stuck in and pushing us forward on every occasion. He tired second half but he was our best player throughout.

Brown -6. Couldn’t fault his effort but I dont see a lot of ability on the ball and I wonder whether he has the legs. If he’s not performing it puts too much pressure on Clayton.

Snodgrass -7. Worked really hard throughout. He was marked tightly and on occasions tried to take on one man too many.

White -6. Again can’t fault his effort but I thought he looked a bit lightweight. Also needs to improve his shooting and final ball.

Macca – 6. Not his day today, it never works when he is pushed out wide – he doesn’t have the pace to be effective as a winger.

Becchio – 6. Worked hard throughout and deserved his goal for pure hard work. He ran himself into the ground (slowly). He won a lot of headers first half but nothing came of them. In general though I am not a fan. He showed time after time that his general control and skill levels are below what is expected at this level. I can only think of Carlton Palmer that would give him a run for his money on worse first touch of any Leeds player. He has no pace at all and is vastly overrated in the air. We will not get promotion with Bechhio up front -fact!

Subs -

Forsell – no impact.

Webber – lively and brought some much needed pace.

Crowd -great atmosphere, the Cockneys got a bit over excited At times and ended up being locked in for 30 minutes after the match.