Mark H wrote:-
> I say HMRC are to blame, whether they had no option or not, 
> as soon as they
> issued the winding up order Bates had his get out of jail 
> free card and
> played it, as I would have.
> 

Am I wrong in thinking that it was Bates who decided not to pay HMRC the
agreed amounts then?
Did he explore every possible avenue before opting to default?
For instance, did he ask the players to defer their wages so that he could
make the payments? If not why not?
Did he ask Astor to lend him another £1M (since they didn't care about £18M
another £1M would have made no difference)? If not why not?

As one who knows best, please answer these questions Mark

Cheers
Paul


_______________________________________________
the Leeds List is an unmoderated mailing list and the list administrators 
accept no liability for the personal views and opinions of contributors. 
Leedslist mailing list
[email protected]
http://list.zetnet.co.uk/mailman/listinfo/leedslist
Join The Leeds United Supporters Trust at www.lufctrust.org 

Reply via email to