Sorry about this .... (sounds rather like an I don't want a long debate, or
I'm not sexist., apology) but......

Saw this in defence of Mr Bates:

"But Mr Taylor said the only reason Leeds had originally survived winding-up
threats from HM Revenue and Customs over unpaid tax was Mr Bates's takeover
in January 2005.

He told Mr Willis that Mr Bates had subsequently introduced the investment
from the offshore companies adding: "Let me make it clear, without that
investment the people of the city of Leeds would not have a football club in
Division One or anywhere else. The club would have ceased to exist.""

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/leeds?articleid=2959797

Does anyone here know any different?  I was under the impression that (at
least) one other option was available or was about to be available.

Otherwise.  I generally think people shouldn't break (reasonable) rules and
if they do they shouldn't get away with it.

More importantly, after NEVER watching Leeds during this spell in the second
division, (first seasons I've missed since Bilbao won the double)  I'm
double thrilled to be coming back for the Hartlepool away match, double cos
my boy is coming for the first time and has finally started wearing his kits
with pride.  Anyone (Roger?) know if the supporters bus from Bradford still
leaves from the same pub?

On On
Rocky
_______________________________________________
the Leeds List is an unmoderated mailing list and the list administrators 
accept no liability for the personal views and opinions of contributors. 
Leedslist mailing list
[email protected]
http://list.zetnet.co.uk/mailman/listinfo/leedslist
Join The Leeds United Supporters Trust at www.lufctrust.org 

Reply via email to