Chris Wright wrote:
> For god's sake - even after sifting through the reams of self 
> rightous 
> drivel and innuendo that has been pumped by the anti Bates 
> brigade into this 
> debate, I never dreamed I'd see the day when somebody cites 
> the kronsortium 
> (featuring lest we forget one G Richmond and son as consultants) as a 
> bastion of credibility.

Strange, but I don't recall anyone claiming that - however perhaps they
could be construed as being a darn site more honest than Kenneth William
Bates.

> 
> As Mark Humphries pointed out most reasonably - we have a 
> club, we are free 
> of debt and we are in the third division or whatever they 
> call it nowadays. 
> Get used to it. I'm certain I'm not the only person on this 
> list who would 
> like to see an end to this tiresome debate and a beginning to the 
> preseason - which cannot effectively start until the dust has settled.
> 

To paraphrase your words - we have a list, we are free to discuss what we
like and you have a DEL key.
Get used to it.
If the debate ceases before the pre-season begins what will we discuss? Chip
shops, curry houses, Islam?

> One question for the people who insist on raking over the 
> coals of this 
> episode - If the club had been bought by a Russian billionare 
> willing to 
> spend a fortune built on exploiting the opportunities brought by his 
> countries first uncertain steps toward capitalism on the worlds top 
> footballing and managerial talent, would we now be calling 
> for a government 
> enquiry into precisely how that money was extracted from the 
> Soviet Union? 

Surely that would depend on how suspicious the circumstances behind his
takeover were and his conduct once in charge of the club?
I'm sure Hearts fans wish they could have asked more questions of their
oligarch.
I'll rephrase to you what I asked Mark - if Astor Holdings turns out to be
owned by Kim Jong-Il/Robert Mugabe/Than Shwe is that ok as long as we get a
decent pre-season?

> Ken Bates is a 
> businessman - how do you 
> expect him to act?

With honour and decorum befitting the heritage and history of our once great
club?
I'm a businessman, as are many on this list, don't think that means we'd
sell our grandmothers just to turn a profit though - why do YOU expect Ken
Bates to?


_______________________________________________
the Leeds List is an unmoderated mailing list and the list administrators 
accept no liability for the personal views and opinions of contributors. 
Leedslist mailing list
[email protected]
http://list.zetnet.co.uk/mailman/listinfo/leedslist
Join The Leeds United Supporters Trust at www.lufctrust.org 

Reply via email to