> -----Original Message-----
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:leedslist-
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of thecasses
> Sent: 16 June 2007 03:40
> To: 'LUList'
> Subject: Re: [LU] The inevitable does happen
> 
> 
> I dont want this discussion to become personal against anyone at all, I
> do
> however, want to know the FACTS behind the constant sniping and rumours
> of
> back-door deals and now money-laundering.
> 
> Pete C
> t'other one
> 

At this is precisely what I want, but unfortunately I get hung up in devils
advocacy.  

I have not heard anything as yet on here that justifies (to me) the level of
personal attacks on Bates.

I don't like the bloke particularly.  I know he isn't a mug and I enjoy the
fact he tells agents and the like to just fuck off if he thinks they are
taking the piss, unlike previous owners who have bent over like good little
boys.  

The bottom line for me is like someone else said on here a while back, he
wants to own Leeds Utd and as far as I can see its for one of two reasons,
ego or to make money, and having a successful football club is central to
maximising either of those goals.

There was no guarantee that any other bidder would have been any different
in that respect.

For me personally I just wanted the whole thing out of the way as quick as
possible and for us back to being a football club again. For whatever reason
that seemed to be Bates offer to buy back the club, but what I thought
didn't really matter, its what 75% of the creditors (vote) wanted, and that
went to Bates.

It is done and over with, he owns the club again.  As someone else said,
wake up and smell the offshore coffee.

I don't see any reason for the continued sniping, apart from personal
bitterness, which is fine, just say it instead of making out this episode is
the end of Leeds United or the worst thing that has happened to us over the
last 10 years or whatever.






_______________________________________________
the Leeds List is an unmoderated mailing list and the list administrators 
accept no liability for the personal views and opinions of contributors. 
Leedslist mailing list
[email protected]
http://list.zetnet.co.uk/mailman/listinfo/leedslist
Join The Leeds United Supporters Trust at www.lufctrust.org 

Reply via email to