I was not looking forward to this game after they played us off the park a few
weeks ago especially since they have been on a good run since then and we have
not won but then out of boredom I looked at the team that we put out at ER as
opposed to the one that will be playing tomorrow.
Casper may be the ONLY one of the starting eleven who plays in the same
position !!
Kilkenny and Johnson both played last time but Kilkenny is not certain to
start tomorrow and Johnson played wide right at home is unlikely to play there
tomorrow !
Of the rest only Beckford and Hughes are enforced absentees so while we know
their team ours will be new to them , so suddenly I do have some hope.
I think Macca did the right thing against Forest in keeping the same team as
against Northampton - we need to try and get some stability and understanding
amongst the players. One of the big problems on Tuesday was a lack of cohesion
and a lack of awareness of where team-mates were and what they were likely to
do.I am sure he will make as few changes as possible for tomorrow.
So the back 5 will be the same as last two games - Casper \ Kenton\ Lubo \
Rui \ Sheehan.
He has to make changes in midfield and it may be if Kilkenny is deemed fit
enough he does a straight swap - Kilkenny for Hughes. Otherwise since Sweeney
looked lively when he came on as sub he may put him at left midfield and move
Johnson (our supposed box to box midfielder) inside ? Another option would be
to move Prutton inside - a similar type to Hughes and bring back Carole or
Weston at right wing .
Up front it is any 2 from Flo, Elding and Kandol with Elliott maybe on the
bench. Or he could leave one up front and go 5 in the middle ?
Although I could not be bothered doing a match report for Forest (mind you I
did agree with YEP one) I should perhaps just say how much I enjoyed it - a
lively end to end game with both sides trying to win , and with us having more
shots than we have had for ages. A big and noisy crowd (even at top price -
will they all return for the cheaper Saturday game v Crewe, or is the pricing
almost an irrelevance despite all the moans ?) plenty of controversial incident
- 3 decent penalty shouts, 2 bizarre corner decisions which went our way, a
clearance off the line (I got text straight away off my son who sits more in
line telling me it went in !) A Premiership ref who made a number of totally
wrong and weird decisions, the worst being the incident with Sheehan (even
though it was to our benefit).
A great night !
I came away from the game honestly thinking who needs Premiership football
when you can have games like this in the 3rd Division !!
Anyway here is to 3 points tomorrow and having to watch them sober !!
Dave
_______________________________________________
the Leeds List is an unmoderated mailing list and the list administrators
accept no liability for the personal views and opinions of contributors.
Leedslist mailing list
[email protected]
http://list.zetnet.co.uk/mailman/listinfo/leedslist
DELETE THE FOOTERS WHEN REPLYING YOU LAZY SODS!!!!
DELETE THE FOOTERS WHEN REPLYING YOU LAZY SODS!!!!