<snip>
Then what ....
Prices rocket, 'real' fans unable to go, 40,000 a week turn up but, of
those, 20,000 are now the corporate 'prawn sandwich' brigade. Mid table
mediocrity sets in, we sneak a run in the UEFA after a few years but ...
but something is missing again, or is it?!
What do we, as fans, actually want?
It's a no win situation if you are a traditional footy fan. Maybe we
just
need to sell our souls to the corporate devil and be done with it!


You're a "cup half empty" man aren't you?  :-)

What do we as fans want (or more importantly - me!) I want to not only
win every game we ever play, but I want us to stuff them, grind them to
dust and leave them staring at our wake. I want their visiting fans to
be stupefied to silence by the mighty voices raised in support of Leeds
and the hugely reverberating wall of sound we produce. I want the media
to accept that it is no longer "dirty Leeds", but actually a skilful
team of players who love dogs and children and are nice to their mum's
too. To accept that they were wrong all along and that those loveable
Scousers and Geordies do not live in the same league as dedicated fans
as we Leeds fans do. I want the Queen to issue automatic Knighthoods to
at least 5 Leeds players or backroom staff per year.

Or....(alternatively)

I want us to play well, win more games than we lose  and gain respect as
a great club (this last bit will be long and slow) - whichever division
we play in

Steve

_______________________________________________
the Leeds List is an unmoderated mailing list and the list administrators 
accept no liability for the personal views and opinions of contributors. 
Leedslist mailing list
[email protected]
http://list.zetnet.co.uk/mailman/listinfo/leedslist
DELETE THE FOOTERS WHEN REPLYING YOU LAZY SODS!!!!
DELETE THE FOOTERS WHEN REPLYING YOU LAZY SODS!!!!

Reply via email to